Wednesday, May 20, 2009

II Nephi 22-24

II Nephi 22: Nephi quotes Isaiah praising the Lord. All men will praise and sing to the Lord in the millennial day. V 2: “ Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation”.

Application: The Lord is my salvation today, I can praise his name and call upon him today. I don’t need to wait.

II Nephi 23: Isaiah tells more about the destruction prior to the coming of the Lord, when the wicked will be destroyed and the fall of Babylon. The Lord will be merciful unto his people but the wicked shall perish.

Application: Be not fainthearted, the Lord’s day will be a great day for those who love Him and love truth and peace.

II Nephi 24: Satan is brought down low, and those who followed him question how his power can be so inconsequential compared to the Lord’s power. V. 20 states that the wicked/sinful will not be sealed to their families in the eternities. There is a lot of imagery/symbolism that needs to be pondered and discovered in this chapter. Bruce R McConkie wrote the chapter heading which says “Israel shall be gathered and shall enjoy millennial rest---Lucifer cast out of heaven for rebellion---Israel shall triumph over Babylon (the world).

Application: Put your faith and trust in the Lord. Do not vary but stay firmly rooted in the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment