Tuesday, May 12, 2009

II Nephi 19-21

II Nephi 19: the Messiah is prophesized in the memorable words of Isaiah. Leaders often lead their people into sin. In verse 18 Isaiah says “ for wickedness burneth as the fire”. I wonder about those prophesies of the second coming, when they state the earth shall be burned--if that could mean the earth will be steeped in wickedness or if it is a literal description.

Application: Salvation is individual; I must have my own testimony so I will not be led astray by any tradition, or religious or political ideology or leader. I must take the Holy Ghost as my guide not the arm of flesh. I tell all who ask me about my religion to not lean on my testimony alone or any other persons or ministers remarks, but to go to the Lord in prayer and get their own answers!! I can not save you nor can any man, the Lord will guide you and bring you to salvation.

II Nephi 20: The Lord decries hypocrisy and condemns those that take from the poor, widowed or fatherless. They will have no place to hide or to seek help during the desolation of the last days. The Lord will perform a “work” upon “mount Zion” and Jerusalem” He will cleanse the earth and the house of Israel and Jacob will return.

Application: I need to ponder on and consider where my day to day actions will lead me. Where will I be on that last day?? Shining in the Light OR smoldering in the dark?

II Nephi 21: (Compare to Isaiah 11) Christ shall come from the line of Jesse he shall judge with righteousness and peace shall fill the earth. All jealousy and animosity between the tribes of Israel will be dissolved and all will desire to come to him and he will set his hand a second time to recover the remnant of his people. The church (the gospel) will be set up as an ensign to all nations and a highway created for those traveling to Zion. This chapter describes the beginning of the millennial reign of Christ.

Application: We should ponder on our own preparedness for life during the millennium. Do we still harbor petty grievances towards someone? Does jealousy or envy mar our countenance? Think on the peace that will be there and try and bring some of that peace into your home today.

No comments:

Post a Comment