Sunday, March 29, 2009

II Nephi 10-13

II Nephi 10: Jacob is such a holy person and a prophet. He has a revelation prior to speaking to his people again, in which he sees Christ and His crucifixion. There was no other nation on earth that would have crucified Him (their God)---any other people would have repented. The America’s destiny as a land of liberty restated and the Gentiles role in blessing and restoring the Lamanites into the House of Israel is outlined. All who fight against Zion shall perish. One is either for the Lord or against Him. We are all free to choose and act for ourselves.

Application: Am I living a “lukewarm” life? Because God states that we can not be on the fence, it is impossible. I must be ‘for’ the Lord 100%--there is no middleground.




II Nephi 11: Nephi testifies of Christ as did his brother Jacob. They both have first hand knowledge having seen the Lord face to face. Nephi writes more of the words of Isaiah from the brass plates. He exhorts us not once but twice to liken Isaiah’s words (the scriptures) unto ourselves. Nephi shares his joy in the Lord and in God’s plan for his children and this earth.

Application: The Lord has sent many firsthand witnesses of Himself to testify to us. Do I accept, ponder and share what I know to be true. If I do the Lord will bless me with greater knowledge--“line upon line” until I too will be blessed to see Christ and have my calling and election made sure as did Nephi and Jacob. The scriptures are there for our benefit and written to help us. We must read, study, ponder and liken them to our selves, our families and our situations and they will guide us.



II Nephi 12: In the last days, the proud shall be brought low and all idols will be abolished. Men will try to hide from the Lord. Isaiah saw our day and the second coming of Christ.

Application: What are the "idols" I worship in my life? Money? appearance? self? We all need to take a good look at the things we spend our time, talents and energy on. I must humble myself and repent continually or I may find myself begging that the mountains would fall upon me and hide me from the glory and knowledge of the Lord. :(




II Nephi 13: The Lord reveals what I think are some of the conditions of the last days. The Lord says Judah and Jerusalem will be punished—that their sin can be seen in the people’s faces; Children oppress; (look at the rise in violent delinquents and gangs) women rule; We “grind the faces of the poor”; We’ve eaten up the vineyard (destroyed our own environment); the daughters of Zion are materialistic and dress and act seductively (look at what the media portrays as popular) and are thus promised a “stink for their sweet smell” baldness instead of long beautiful hair, etc. War will rage and all Jerusalem/Judah will wail.


Application: To try harder to impress upon my children and grandchildren that the fashions of the world are not appropriate for daughters of God. Especially for those who know their Royal lineage and eternal glorious prospects. Modesty and virtue should be practiced by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment