Tuesday, March 3, 2009

II Nephi 6,7,8

II Nephi 6: These are the words and teachings of Jacob (one of Nephi’s righteous brothers). He states he speaks to them of things which are and which are to come. He wants to teach from Isaiah’s writings and asks that we liken them unto ourselves for they were written unto the house of Israel and WE are of the House of Israel. He again states that the gospel will be brought to the Gentiles who shall set up a standard. Jacob also prophesizes about the destruction and scattering of Jerusalem. He tells of Christ’s coming and His crucifixion. He prophesizes about the gathering of the ten tribes (Israel) and the second coming of Christ is foretold. All flesh shall KNOW that “I the Lord am thy Savior and thy Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.”


Application: Do I have to see (or wait until I am destroyed by) earthquakes, tempests and the great destructions prophesized before I accept and acknowledge Christ, the King of Heaven and Earth? Will I bow my knee now or be forced to later?



II Nephi 7: (Isaiah 50) The Lord tells us that if we can’t feel or hear him it is because we have turned away from Him---and not He from us. It is our sins that separate us from Him. The Lord stands ready to bless us, to fight by our sides and to be smitten for us. If we but “kindle” a fire, we shall walk in light.

Application: If I feel despair and lack of hope it is because I have separated myself from Christ. He stands with arms outstretched—inviting me—“let us stand together”.



II Nephi 8: (Isaiah 51-52) Remember who you are (a child of God) and don’t be afraid of man! The kingdom and power of man is temporary. The Kingdom of God is eternal. Wake UP! The Lord is in charge and is all powerful. We SHALL return singing to Zion “and everlasting joy and holiness shall be upon (our) heads; and (we) shall obtain gladness and joy; sorrow and mourning shall flee away”. The waste places and deserts shall become gardens. The prophesy of the two prophets coming to Jerusalem is in this chapter.


Application: Do I lean and depend on the arm of flesh? Or am I afraid of men and their judgments? I must trust in the Lord and let him be my strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment