Monday, February 16, 2009

1 Nephi 22

1 Nephi 22: This chapter is partially an interpretation of chapter 21. A marvelous work and a wonder to be brought forth to bless the Gentiles, the Jews, (House of Israel) and all kindreds, tongues and peoples of the world. The Book of Mormon was first brought to the Gentiles, then the Lamanites and now to all nations. The second coming is close. All those who fight against Zion will turn and war against themselves. Nephi prophesizes about the second coming and the millennium. Satan is bound- not by some miraculous imprisonment- but by the righteousness of the people. Any and everyone can be saved if they repent.

Application: Could I bind Satan in my own life by living righteously? Could I and my family “bind Satan” and cast him out of our lives and homes by living righteously? Do I honor the Book of Mormon for the marvelous work and a wonder that it is or do I take it for granted?

1 comment:

  1. I thought you might enjoy reading Elder Charles W. Penrose's comments about the Second Coming.

    ReplyDelete